Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hometowns

One of the hardest questions I'm asked is: Where are you from?

I generally answer that I'm from Nebraska. Because I am...originally. I then follow up that I was raised mostly in Texas. Of course, it's at that point that I need to make some clarifications on what qualifies as being raised. Only after I start telling stories (as I like to do) that I really confuse people. You see, my dad starts most stories with what sort of car he owned at the time. That's how he frames the story. I start my stories with where I lived. Those are our references.

Anyway, I've always wanted to satisfy my nerdish desire to actually make a map of all the places of lived. Lo and behold there's a web site where I can do just such a thing. God bless the Internet! I spent the weekend making little waypoints and attaching them.

The map so far can be found at the Wayfaring web site: http://www.wayfaring.com/maps/show/44346

My sister tells me that when Dad and she counted up all the times she's moved (she was moving again last weekend) they arrived at 37. I may need more waypoint markers. I have a couple years on her after all.

1 comment:

spinningmom said...

Home is were the heart is Brent! We miss you all ready! Trish