Sunday, August 9, 2009

Remembering John Hughes

IN MEMORIUM CELEBRATE THE FILMS OF JOHN HUGHES 1950-2009

I'd like to take a moment to remember John Hughes. I haven't seen his best remembered films - Pretty in Pink or The Breakfast Club - that is, other than the tidbits as I troll through the television channels. So for me, the short article from Lawrence Downes - John & John - was the most fitting remembrance.

The New York Times did a nice job appreciating all things John Hughes. Here's a few:

The John Hughes Touch by A.O. Scott

The Neverland Club by Molly Ringwald

Remembering John Hughes

As a child of the 80's, albeit mostly of the late 80's, the passing of John Hughes is another reason to remember the way things were, and of course, to plug in my copies of Uncle Buck or Planes, Trains and Automobiles for one more viewing.

No comments: