Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Notions for the Week

  1. I keep my door locked - not for security so much as for the random neighbor that confuses my door with the exit. (It's an interesting, but somewhat upsetting way to meet new people.)
  2. After more than 20 years, I let one of my bookcases go to the dump. We had a long life together. I bought it with the money I got finding a woman's bracelet at a junior high football game in Texas. It spent time in 6 states and survived a couple basement apartment floods, but finally its time had come.
  3. The cat loves my new recliner more than I do.
  4. The Oscars are this weekend and this new 10 best picture nominee thing makes it impossible to see all those movies by Sunday.
  5. I bought a shirt that is very near pink on the color wheel. I may never wear it.
  6. Provide, protect and plan - apparently these are three essentially requirements for men.
  7. Don't stop until I pass out - words overheard in response to an item in Esquire's article on the essential woman. (This may also be the unspoken fourth requirement of men.)

No comments: