Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This Week's Random Thoughts


  1. San Luis Obispo is north, not south of Los Angeles.
  2. San Luis Obispo is also 3 and half hours away, not 1 and half hours away.
  3. It was my good fortune to learn a little California geography before I began my trip.
  4. I'm told earthquakes are most common in hot weather and early in the morning.
  5. "I'm really a thoughtful person when I think about it." Pearl of wisdom from Thaddeus.
  6. Be wary of the handwash sink that looks like the old style trough urinal.
  7. Never have I seen so many obsessive personalities assembled in one room (God bless them anyway).
  8. I met a man whose mother was born in the same town as me. This would be less phenomenal if Ogallala, Nebraska was the size of Los Angeles, California.
  9. The trip from LA to SLO - one of the most beautiful road trips I've taken.
  10. Civil War color guard, sun setting over the green hills, Taps echoing through the trees - nothing quite like it.

No comments: