- While walking across the courtyard, past the hog pens and on my way up to the training room I had the following thought: Dread sat looking over at Dreams in the opposite chair. Dread said, "We will lose. We will try but in the end we will simply, plainly and most assuredly lose." Dreams considered this for a moment and replied, "But we could win."
- I found this to be happily random and odd and wrote it down.
- Alone used to be easier.
- Alta Vista Country Club has a dress code.
- I have a new pair of shorts from the Alta Vista Country Club pro shop.
- I also have passes to the Huntington Library and VIP tickets to the LA Galaxy. Thank you raffle gods.
- I could really use the $400 Jim won at the raffle to purchase a couple fuzzy creatures in Nevada. The raffle gods have a sense of humor.
- It didn't seem like many steps, but by the top that was one heavy washing machine.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
- Maybe it was true - I did need a little more Neil Diamond in my morning commute.
- After a month long and futile search I may have finally found my golf swing.
- It's still a little cool for a Saturday on the beach.
- Strangers think I'm strange.
- Sgt. Benjamin Franklin Youngs has been dead for 83 years, but it was still a moving moment as the bugler played Taps for the Medal of Honor winner.
- Is 33 too young for a mid-life crisis? Which begs the question...
- Is buying a motorcycle a sign of a mid-life crisis?
- No leather pants.
- New favorite description - sweet burden.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- Walking into my local Target is like walking onto the set of Dark City. They are adding a fresh produce section and each week the store shifts slightly. Walls emerge. Shelves lay bare. This also results in happily random arrangements - movies shelved with the glasses, clearance toys on the beauty supply end caps and pillows in the tools.
- I have convinced myself that a new driver would improve my golf score.
- I do my best thinking in the shower.
- I found a moment of pure bliss in a Lawry's prime rib.
- Happy 2nd anniversary weekend girls!
- I can now literally sit on Joanne and Camille. You want to ask, I know you do.
- It's time to give a little love to my blogging friends:
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- Sometimes I listen to the words of "The Gambler" and think it is the most profound song ever written.
- Also eminently singable.
- It seems that since I've gone to work here I've been part of many record breaking feats. Sadly, they are records in futility.
- My marriage proposal was denied. ;)
- Am I a compulsive shopper? Actually, compulsive buyer might be the better question.
- Can someone explain to me when it's a lie by omission and when its just something left unsaid?
- List of things that are apparently not allowed to be left unsaid about yourself prior to marrying someone: a) I was in prison, b) I 'was' gay, c) I was married before, d) I am bipolar and, my favorite, e) I had a sex change operation.
- Finally, happy birthday to my sister today. And happy birthday to Mom a couple days ago. And happy birthday to my niece who I forgot about and happy birthday to whoever else I know I am forgetting but whose birthday is fast approaching.