- Preliminary evidence would suggest that for Nebraska to win I must watch the game from the Long Beach Hooters.
- This theory will be further tested this weekend. Details to follow.
- Oktoberfest had a vague resemblance to many a wedding reception I've attended. Could it be the chicken dance?
- Strangely apropos song lyric on a random drive home: "What a sweet addiction that I'm caught up in." Bonus points if you can name the artist.
- Annual performance appraisal time has arrived.
- I hate annual performance appraisal time.
- Annual performance appraisal time makes me wonder whether it's my poor management or their innate poor performance. (Not everybody...calm down!)
- I've also begin to wonder what makes a person a good manager, which led to wondering what make a person good and then, of course, to wonder what constitutes the makings of a good man.
- Turns out that item #2 on eHow's "How to be a Good Man" it reads a good man never second guesses himself.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
- I haven't seen this many stars in the sky in a long, long time.
- I think it's been just about as long since I spent this much time in the Mountain Time zone.
- I failed to note last week that I've lived in Los Angeles for 5 years now.
- El Paso looks a lot like Los Angeles - the difference being space.
- Kerry Collins still plays football!!!
- The desert southwest isn't so much different than the Sandhills of Nebraska.
- Coolest place I've eaten, maybe ever - Adobe Deli somewhere near Deming, NM.
- Random images from Adobe Deli:
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
- Irony: the Technicolor offices in Universal City are black.
- It's 3.4 miles from Honda of North Hollywood to Universal Studios.
- There's a Roger Dunn golf store, an antique luggage store and one really goofy intersection (for a pedestrian) along the 3.4 miles of Lankershim Blvd that I walked (twice).
- There was a man with a small red flag at the Tom Bradley International terminal at LAX. In further proof of Eddie Izzard's premise about empires and flags, the man waved the flag around, said a few things in Mandarin and - poof! - a dozen people and more than two dozen bags zipped out the door.
- Of all the many sunburns I've had in my red-headed life, I've never had a sunburn on just my elbows - until now.
- I have a bag of duck feet in my refrigerator.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
- Ah, random notions on a Tuesday. It's been awhile.
- So...Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray arrived in the mail today. Yeah, Beauty and the Beast! I'm man enough to admit it.
- Had lunch today and no one to help eat my fries...how sad.
- The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain
- One Monday it's 113, the next it's 60 and raining. What is this, Nebraska?
- Yesterday I read two articles: "The End of Men" by Hanna Rosin in The Atlantic and "The Decadence of Election 2010" by Peter Morici. Neither will help me get up in the morning.
- Of course, that's why I have an alarm clock.