Tuesday, December 13, 2011
I haven't been around these cyber pages for awhile. Whether I keep returning only time will tell.
Of course, there probably aren't many of you left anyway. For those that are it's time to tell you the Errant Notebook is being relocated back to Nebraska.
Come this time next week, I'll be somewhere in the desert southwest making my way along the southern route to Fremont.
For the third time, I'll be living in Nebraska - back home again.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Dry humping followed by copious butt exposure then, well, more exposure which led to someone yelling, "Angie, Angie...what are you doing?"
- Angie was just trying to get her undergarments arranged properly...in the middle of a bar with the world watching.
- Day 18 of INSANITY (that's how they write it) - 13% of weight loss goal. So at 30% of the routine it sounds like I'm a little behind.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Spent Saturday morning conducting military funeral honors for a grave left unmarked for 102 years.
- Spent 30 minutes this afternoon becoming painfully aware of how out of shape I am...I stress painfully.
- I hate to see a bookstore go out of business, but I do love to shop at the store closing sale.
- I do not mind Blockbuster closing, but I was just as happy to pick over the shelves.
- New Allison Krauss album - so happy.
- Is it just me, or does Daniel Tosh have a subtle similarity to Steve?
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
- I've gotten a little lazy with the random thoughts, but my audience is growing restless.
- I've learned that both Verizon and the hot tub salespeople are overly persistent.
- I liked Larry (formerly of Hastings, Nebraska) until I learned that his "weekday" house was on Manhattan Beach. Yes, his weekday house.
- Is $700 too much for golf irons?
- So far...yes, yes it is.
- Flew my brother out last weekend to help me move, but since moving was delayed it turns out I flew my brother out to play Trivial Pursuit and Modern Warfare 2.
- The rain has finally stopped and the motorcycle has finally left the garage.
- Since gas prices have gone up I haven't been able to fill up the truck because the pump won't pre-approve me for that much.
- I do not, I repeat, do not like being deposed.
- Hopefully, this was enough to entertain those who may be stuck in South Dakota.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- I may just start doing this on holidays only. I think I can keep myself on that schedule.
- Ireland is not a country. It is an island. Republic of Ireland is a country.
- April 15th - Tax Day and according to new documents the day I finally, absolutely and most assuredly will close on my house. We'll see.
- St. Patrick was not Irish; he was English. Also note that England is not an island. It is a country on the island of Great Britain.
- My sister implied that I was a nerd for having a favorite presidential speech. I wanted to dispel all doubt...thus trivia.
- The first St. Patrick's Day parade was in Boston almost 200 years before the first one in Dublin.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- Best weekend ever? If not, it was a close second.
- Favorite President - the more I learn, the more it is John Adams.
- The house deal is almost done - waiting for final loan approval.
- Favorite movie president - Andrew Shepard (Michael Douglas) in The American President. (How could it be anyone else?)
- I've opened the karaoke Pandora's box - 2 hours of my Saturday night.
- Favorite television president - you know it, Jed Bartlet (Martin Sheen) in The West Wing.
- Wine makes me happy or at least makes me not care much.
- Favorite presidential speech (fictional) - John Quincy Adams' closing argument to the Supreme Court in Amistad.
- Congratulations Doc Sadler on finally getting the big win.
- Favorite presidential speech - Lincoln's second inaugural.
- Upon further consideration - yes, best weekend.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Another set of random house pictures. Well, hopefully not random - so far there's been no drama, no partially signed documents, no problems with lenders and generally no funny business.
- Now on to thinking again about why I own so many damn books.
- And stuff...so much stuff.
- Two men and a truck?
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
- One house deal down the tubes while another is in the works.
- This time the house is in north Norwalk and the owner is in Mexico.
- One more counter offer sent out this evening.
- The house has a ready to occupy man cave!
- And a sun-drenched, mostly glass south wall.
- In another unexpected turn of events I find myself reverse engineering a small red envelope for "red pocket money".
- Happy Year of the Rabbit!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- The little "x" that popped up on my MLS list would be the first tangible sign that in several weeks this could be home.
- It was a whole hell of a lot easier to buy a house in Iowa.
- Cheaper too!
- I have the chest hair to pull off the 70s look, but that doesn't mean I want the style to return.
- New saddlebags - yea!
- Ooh, ooh - I've eaten chili with the guy giving the Republican response to the State of the Union address. (Sadly, I think he's younger than me.)
- Looking back it's been quite a month just not random enough for blogging.
- Honestly, I'm ready for bed.